Search This Blog

Friday, September 16, 2011

Making Muffins

Because it's late and I'm half asleep and it's been a long day because of the funeral of my great uncle, I am writing a brief teaching update. After recent cooking experiences with my boyfriend, I realized his cooking skills are not on par with mine, so I wanted to teach him how to make something new. We were going to make special chocolate chip cookies, but upon arriving home my family told me that they wanted muffins instead so they could eat them for breakfast the next day. So I taught him how to make banana chocolate chip oatmeal muffins (click for my Basic muffin recipe).

I taught him some of my improv skills. The original recipe doesn't include chocolate chips, but I added those myself. 

Some of the things he learned:
How to crack an egg with one hand
Spoon flour rather than scoop it 
when a timer beeps it means something! ie time to take the muffins out of the oven not just passively turn it off without telling someone.
that you can substitute applesauce for oil

Our muffins turned out delicious and we ate them. And he gained the status of the mufin man. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you had a teaching experience. However, making food with one's boyfriend or girlfriend isn't the sort of stretching beyond one's comfort zone we asked for with this assignment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't have time to do something else as I had to go home for a family funeral in Layton which took up the entire day. Sorry. He has minimal cooking skills, so he did learn something. I stretched myself on the learning swording, which was out of my comfort zone.

    ReplyDelete