Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Thesis in Progress

"Transitioning from the Medieval Age to the Renaissance changed the book from an institutionalized, text-limited tool, to an individualized, illustrated public opportunity for all to read and view.
With the Renaissance came the use of the print woodcut illustration, which left its mark not only on how books were shared and emphasized, but also on society. Woodcut illustration expanded access of ideas to the illiterate and increased the social status of artists."

Let me know if you have any suggestions and ideas. I have written my complete paper and probably should have posted this earlier, but I didn't think about it until class today.

Thanks for your input!

2 comments:

  1. I think you're going in a good direction with the ideas of woodcut illustrations opening print to the illiterate, but I think your thesis could use more of a "how" factor. Obviously it's because these people can interpret the images and not the words, but with the first sentence and the emphasis, it could use more of the "how" question.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your suggestion, Jared. I go into detail on that in the paper, but made my thesis more general.. should I make it more specific?

    ReplyDelete