Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Just a little side note...

For one of my other classes I was researching Mission Statements, and on Wikipedia I found this:

"A mission statement is a statement of the purpose of a company or organization. The mission statement should guide the actions of the organization, spell out its overall goal, provide a path, and guide decision-making. It provides "the framework or context within which the company's strategies are formulated."[1] Historically it is associated with Christian religious groups; indeed, for many years, a missionary was assumed to be a person on a specifically religious mission. The word "mission" dates from 1598, originally of Jesuits sending ("missio", Latin for "act of sending") members abroad."

First of all, I think that it is SO cool how religion plays a part in so much of what we have today. I love discovering how our ideas today stem back to religious origin! It is so fascinating to me! It makes me realize how ignorant I am about history and that I want to know so much more!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment